Introduction to Scottish Away Days

Hello, welcome all.

In this blog I look to blow the full-time whistle on one of Scottish societies most pressing and current matters; what clubs promise the best and worse away day experiences for football fans across the country.

With over 200,000 people attending football games in Scotland's top two leagues every week, the idea of an 'away day' is a staple part of the Scottish Saturday afternoon, coupling this with the stark realisation that an average away trip costs just under £30; including ticket, programme, pie and cup of tea (and this is without transport and the necessary time spent in the watering hole) it is clear that knowing the specific away day trips that are worth, and not worth, the money or time involved is essential to any football fan.

The idea of reviewing different football away days is a challenge considering that each away trip is viewed subjectively and each individual opinion is likely to differ; for example, little factors such as being seated with a side on view to the pitch can make a huge difference in some fans' estimation of an away trip. To generate some clarity in my review, the factors that will be considered to have an impact in the quality of a football away day are; transport, pubs, tea bar facilities, seating arrangements, the stadium and the other team themselves.

Incase you're wondering what qualifies my judgement of an away day; I'll share my love for football. I've been attending football games on a week-by-week basis since the age of 6 when myself and my dad began supporting the mighty Kilmarnock FC. Since then, my commitment to the club has grown with us both having season tickets at the club and travelling to as many away games as possible (having now visited every recent top tier club other than Aberdeen).

I hope you enjoy, and agree with, the posts to come.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kilmarnock FC

Dundee FC